Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Discussions about mods & new concepts.
|2ambo
Novice

Re: Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Postby |2ambo » Fri May 29, 2015 1:13 am

Well, I love it as it is except maybe a easier way to pick colors to change backgrounds and text colors. Like instead of entering numbers, you could do it from the Admin tab in game and get to see the color you pick for each list or text background. Maybe even a preview window to see what it will look like before you have to restart to see the changes.

If you really wanna blow the rest out of the water, Make 8 seperate tabs in the ADMIN tab. 1 tab for each gametype. In each gametype tab, you have the game type selection CTF, DM, Bunnytracks. Whatever gametypes are in the system folder. All you have to do is click a browse to gametype button, go find the game type, add it. Then go to a Mutators browse, and add the mutators that you want to add, Settings button to change settings and whatever else extra you can think of. Maybe some kind of mapvote screenshot option at the end of each map that would be saved to a JPeg. LOL Just a random thought. Anyway, game types could be configured that way, instead of adding mutator strings and comma's and dots all all that crap. It will be easier for everyone. The mapvote would have to know what .u file is needed to run the mutator, and you select it and it would get written to the ini correctly in one try. Also, maybe a way to add and remove custom map lists easier instead of having to edit them and restart. Like maybe another maplist tab in the ADMIN tab....lol thats like 9 tabs now :)

Sorry for the rant, you told me to give idea's,, and thats what popped out...lol

Oh, and of course, put me in the credits for Ideas :)

Deepu
Site Admin

Postby Deepu » Fri May 29, 2015 2:17 am

LOL this is a big idea. :o

|2ambo
Novice

Postby |2ambo » Fri May 29, 2015 1:35 pm

I know ;) If you could just make all the text and background colors fully adjustable, that would be good enough for me.

One thing I dont unerstand is how the Exclude filter works. Like If I'm running a Redeemer CTF game, and I have maps just for that game that I only want to use for that game, how do I keep those maps out of the rest of the other CTF game types?

My redeemer maps have the RCTF prefix and the list I edit my self. Only like 10 maps. But those maps show up in the regular CTF and they are too big, so How do I remove them from the regular ctf list.

Here is my redeemer map list

List4Filter[0]=RCTF-Face
List4Filter[1]=RCTF-LavaGiant
List4Filter[2]=RCTF-DiamondSword_CE
List4Filter[3]=RCTF-Freespace)(
List4Filter[4]=RCTF-HallOfGiants
List4Filter[5]=RCTF-HoLLoWver2
List4Filter[6]=RCTF-Freespace
List4Filter[7]=RCTF-Masteroid
List4Filter[8]=RCTF-Winter-Face-2
List4Filter[9]=RCTF-XMC-SnowFaced
List4Filter[10]=RCTF-)SpaceWalk(2
List4Filter[11]=RCTF-SpaceBases
List4Filter[12]=RCTF-SpaceStationFUv2

My lists are setup like this

List1 nnCTF-*
list2 nnDM-*
List3 nnLMS-*
List4 RCTF (custom list)
List5 zp2CTF-*
List6 zp2DM-*
List7 zp2sn-*
List8 CTF-BT*

So, how would i exlude maps from certain lists?

would I do it like this to keep these maps out of other gametypes?

ExcludeFilter[0]=RCTF-SpaceStationFUv2
ExcludeFilter[1]=RCTF-Masteroid
ExcludeFilter[2]=RCTF-Winter-Face-2
ExcludeFilter[3]=RCTF-Freespace

I tried doing it like this for a test, but it didnt work at all, the maps still show up.

ExcludeFilter[0]=CTF-SpaceBases
ExcludeFilter[1]=CTF-Masteroid
ExcludeFilter[2]=CTF-)SpaceWalk(2

Maybe each maplist should have its own exclude list.

What is my dumb ass doing wrong?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

So If I dont want the RCTF-Face to show up in nnCTF for example, I would do

ExcludeFilter[0]=nnCTF-Face

I did use the !mvc to change the background color, but thats only for my client right? Thats not for everyone is it? I have background set to all zero's in the ini, but its still not black. Why doesn't that work?

Ranju
Novice

Postby Ranju » Sat May 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Screenshot_2015-05-30-21-42-27.png
Screenshot_2015-05-30-21-42-27.png (223.75 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
Look this and understand.Now in this filter the maps are not available in given prefixes.CTF-Weird the map which I dont want to show in those maplists.only allowed in RXCTF-Weird.So do like this.Hope it will help you!

|2ambo
Novice

Postby |2ambo » Sun May 31, 2015 4:34 am

Yes, I got it now. Thanks for the reply. :mrgreen:

Spectra
Novice

Postby Spectra » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:34 pm

I did use the !mvc to change the background color, but thats only for my client right? Thats not for everyone is it? I have background set to all zero's in the ini, but its still not black. Why doesn't that work?
It Works! And the !mvc command is Client Setting to change background color. Clients can have their own color to what they like!

|2ambo
Novice

Postby |2ambo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Hey Deepu? Are you back yet :p

How is the custom color configuration going? Is there anyway you could make it both server configurable and client configurable? Most people don't know about the !mvc command unless I keep spamming it, or put it in the serveradds. So, maybe the server admin can set up the custom colors with the background, list texts, stuff like that, and then if the client connects the pop up vote window will have a message about the !mvc command that slaps them in the face so they dont miss it...lol. Then they can change what they want if they don't like it.

I can tell you that probably 95% of my servers players hate the purple. It would be better black, or even the blue like it was before. The barney purple has to go...lol

Deepu
Site Admin

Postby Deepu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Shot-2.jpg
Shot-2.jpg (83.17 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
Shot-1.jpg
Shot-1.jpg (176.65 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
These settings is applied to client side. Because players can set up their own colors...

medor
Skilled

Postby medor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Don't worry i creating the mapvotela screen resolution for next version of ultimate mapvote!
Where does you; You're doing well?

Deepu
Site Admin

Postby Deepu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:33 am

Creating that version too Named MiniMapVoteUL!

Return to “Mods”