Map Vote Ultimate v2 for UT by Deepak O V & SpEcTra_7 (email@example.com)
Map Vote Ultimate needs 1024X768 or more resolutions for fitting column width on the screen.
What is Map Vote Ultimate v2?
Map Vote Ultimate is a Mapvote Mutator that allows the players to vote for the next map being played
- Voting for up to 2024 maps
- 8 Customizable Map Lists+
- Customizable Mapvote Background Color
- Customizable Mapvote Map box text Color
- Up to 200 Custom gametypes where you can assign Prefixes, Mutators and Settings
- Filter system (supporting Wildcards) to implement detailed Maplist assignments (up to 8x256 Filters)
- Predefined Maplist if noone voted (return to default maps)
- Automatically mapswitch to a predefinded Maplist if server is empty for a certain time (return to default maps)
- Priority System for Maplists
- Re-Vote limit (avoidable for certain maplists)
- Kickvote to kick players
- Displaying a Clanlogo within the votemenu
- Support for Assault and LeagueAssault
- Automatic removal of crashed maps (to prevent them to be revoted)
- Mapplaycount report and Mapsequence report
- Detailed in-game Admin page for most of the configuration
1) copy the .u, .int and .ini files to the UT\System folder
2) add to the UnrealTournament.ini in section [Engine.GameEngine] the following entry
The configuration is done in the file MapVoteULv2.ini
Most of the settings can be changed in-game too. If you log in as admin and open the Mapvote you will get an additional Admin Tab
UPDATE FROM MapVoteUL TO MapVoteULv2
In MapVoteUL the MutatorActorConfig has been removed and merged into the CustomGameConfig.
Remove the MutatorActorConfig entries and start the server and do a servertravel. The CustomGameConfig settings should now
have been expanded and you can apply the Mutators there.
Starting up Mapvote
Fire up your server and choose "Map Vote Ultimate ][" from the Mutator Tab
* to open the votemenu midgame use the following keybinding: "mutate bdbmapvote votemenu"
* to adjust settings in-game log in as admin and open the votemenu, you will get an additional admin tab for configuration ;)
FAQ: What settings do I need in MapVoteULv2.ini?
1) Step 1: Loading Maps
For default gametypes there are predefined keys to enable the maps:
To load cusom gametypes, mutators and settomgs you can use up to 16 'CustomGameConfig's.
Here some examples to load iDM, iCTF, iAS, RocketArena and Bunnytrack:
* Mind: to distinct Maps with same name but different gametype/mutators/settings you have to change the prefix.
E.g.: to load Deathmatch and Insta-Deathmatch just change the prefix of the Insta-Deathmach to 'iAS'
* Custom Settings:
You can use several custom settings by seperating them with a comma. E.g.: "FriendlyFireScale=1.0,Aircontrol=0.8"
IMPORTANT: If you use custom settings in the CustomGameConfigs you have to make sure those settings get reset to Default for all other maps:
2) Step 2: Assign the maps to a maplist
Tell the mapvote in which list the maps should be displayed. Use the (up to 48 per list) 'List1FilterX[Y]' variables for this.
You can use wildcards in the Filters. Some Examples:
Loading all Assault maps into List 1:
Loading AS-Asthenosphere, AS-Bridge and AS-Rook into list 3:
Loading all iDM maps into List 4:
Hint: If you have changed some prefixes you can/have to use the new prefixes in the Filters (like iDM for Insta)
Hint: You can use Wildcards. E.g.: DM-A* or *castle*
Q: How do I add a clanlogo into mapvote (displayed in the middle of the Votewindow)?
Make sure the Clanlogo is added to the Serverpackages aswell
Q: Can I use wildcards in the filter?
A: Yes you can. E.g.: List1Filter=AS-B* will filter all AS maps that start with the letter 'B'
Discussions about mods & new concepts.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest